When you guys interpret somgs you look at them wayyyyyyyyy too literally, like nobody writes songs line by line intending on each one having a loteral meaning, you have to look at the whole picture
I guess what im trying to say is that when your interpreting abstract lyrics you need to keep in mind the themes the author uses and try to visualize the lyrics instead of projecting.
Way late, but spinning iii backwards and I hear "without past ancestry" from Affection in Mercenary.
Way late, but spinning iii backwards and I hear "without past ancestry" from Affection in Mercenary.

Better late than never! I think mercenary is one of CC's best songs so thanks for sharing this
Better late than never! I think mercenary is one of CC's best songs so thanks for sharing this

Glad to help =] Listen in reverse at :41 & repeating throughout

i hear this too.
Didn't know where to post this, but I was listening to iii when it happened, so...

Yesterday I was driving home from work playing... No BLASTING "Sad Eyes" when I drove by some kids in their mid teens and saw one point excitedly at my car and start screaming to their friends while falling to the grass clutching their head.

I immediately turned around and pulled over across the road from them and was like... "Did you... Did you just point at my car like that because you know who I'm listening to?!" And they just stared at me silently, probably thinking I was going to yell at them or something, and I'm thinking... omg why did I just do this to myself, so embarassing... until the one who pointed screams "I love Crystal Castles!!!"

So I =D and turned it up and we danced for a couple seconds before I wished them a good day and kept driving.

Moral of the story: I literally LOVE running into fellow CC fans.