I have written down a few of my thoughts on Alice post-Crystal Castles.

I am posting this mainly for my own catharsis, however I have made it public in the hope that like-minded fans may find it valuable and have their own ideas and thoughts to share with me.

https://medium.com/@jnodding/dear-alice-glass-509ea28f5804
actually great, but i've gotta disagree; alice is being herself.
I appreciate when artists are sincerely themselves. If she feels like expressing herself more verbally now that she has split from Crystal Castles, then that is her journey. I'm generally a fan of hers, not an idea of her that lives in my head. That means I can accept when she makes mistakes because that is a human thing to do. It seems you were never really a fan of Alice, but more a fan of the Crystal Castles brand that she concocted with Ethan. That's fine too. But you talk about CC enabling you to embrace self expression, then you criticize Alice's choice of self expression vs. maintaining a calculated and minimalized image. It just seems a little hypocritical.
I appreciate when artists are sincerely themselves. If she feels like expressing herself more verbally now that she has split from Crystal Castles, then that is her journey. I'm generally a fan of hers, not an idea of her that lives in my head. That means I can accept when she makes mistakes because that is a human thing to do. It seems you were never really a fan of Alice, but more a fan of the Crystal Castles brand that she concocted with Ethan. That's fine too. But you talk about CC enabling you to embrace self expression, then you criticize Alice's choice of self expression vs. maintaining a calculated and minimalized image. It just seems a little hypocritical.

I apologise if you thought I was trying to criticise her, at the end of the day I know very little so my aim was not to criticise but to express the way I feel. It's really just my perspective. I, too, appreciate when artists are sincerely themselves. I've just felt differently about that with Alice since she left the band. But I value your honesty, that was the first time I've published anything like that on the Internet and I'd rather hear these things than not as a writer. Appreciate it.
"Feminism" topic is gone!!
you're free to use the tmz
What upsets me about Alice, rather than anything to do with her leaving the band, is how fake she's turned out to be. I believed in that grungy persona she used to have, where even at the height of her fame she didn't seem to give a fuck, and gave away money she made from modeling. And then she went to Paris Fashion Week, modeled for Alexander Wang, and started blocking anyone who mentions the guy's settlement over sweatshop labor. She claims to donate all the proceeds from Stillbirth (a song on SoundCloud and Spotify!) to RAINN, but there's no word of what she does with the money from her haute couture modeling career, except rumors that she's paying off a $1.5 million house (in a neighborhood of Los Angeles where poor, working-class people are being pushed out), and she apparently doesn't care about sexism and abuse in the music industry enough to hire a publicist or whatever other than Berru, or whatever his name is. And she generally seems like a dick now.
What upsets me about Alice, rather than anything to do with her leaving the band, is how fake she's turned out to be. I believed in that grungy persona she used to have, where even at the height of her fame she didn't seem to give a fuck, and gave away money she made from modeling. And then she went to Paris Fashion Week, modeled for Alexander Wang, and started blocking anyone who mentions the guy's settlement over sweatshop labor. She claims to donate all the proceeds from Stillbirth (a song on SoundCloud and Spotify!) to RAINN, but there's no word of what she does with the money from her haute couture modeling career, except rumors that she's paying off a $1.5 million house (in a neighborhood of Los Angeles where poor, working-class people are being pushed out), and she apparently doesn't care about sexism and abuse in the music industry enough to hire a publicist or whatever other than Berru, or whatever his name is. And she generally seems like a dick now.

just because she says she gives to charity, she does not need to live the life of a beggar. Where's the proof that CC is "giving all proceeds" to Amnesty? And if so, must they too be a charity in order to be eligible to give to charity?
just because she says she gives to charity, she does not need to live the life of a beggar. Where's the proof that CC is "giving all proceeds" to Amnesty? And if so, must they too be a charity in order to be eligible to give to charity?

I don't expect her to do that, and that wasn't my point anyways. I wasn't saying she should give all her money to charity, or whatever. I might've misspoken.

I understand that she's had a hard life. I guess I'm happy if she's happy; there's still a part of me that loves her. But it's really disappointing, how for the longest time she's expressed this grungy antipathy to society only for her to unironically attend Paris Fashion Week and become a haute couture fashion model, and also how phony she's become, in the way she talks about feminism and oppression while having a groper for a publicist (or whatever) and blocking anyone who mentions the sweatshop allegations against the designer she modeled for. And how she allegedly lives in an expensive house in a neighborhood that's being gentrified.

Nice username though.
I don't expect her to do that, and that wasn't my point anyways. I wasn't saying she should give all her money to charity, or whatever. I might've misspoken.

Nice username though.

Thank you.. freak made of glass ..
Where is the proof that Alice is giving all of the proceeds from Stillbirth to RAINN? Lol. Always here to defend Alice. But I guess it was hard to argue against the rest of what they said considering you didn't even comment on any of their other points. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Where is the proof that Alice is giving all of the proceeds from Stillbirth to RAINN? Lol. Always here to defend Alice. But I guess it was hard to argue against the rest of what they said considering you didn't even comment on any of their other points. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

it's shit we've already spoken about a million times so I cba to re-address it. we can't prove who is donating to who, or how much, so why don't we all just stop trying to hold them to standards we can't even verify. it's the same one rule for CC one rule for Alice shit it's so boring and nonsensical

don't know if I find this creepy or cool. It's like CC v.3

don't know if I find this creepy or cool. It's like CC v.3
kinda reminds me of the Daft Punk 2007 tribute concert that I saw a while back in Portland, ME. They played the exact same set as Daft Punk did from their 07' world tour, had the helmets and jackets, and even the pyramid. I fuck with this.